As the clock ticks, it’s inevitable that our skin becomes more sensitive, dull, and dry. Fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin start to freak us out each time we face the mirror. With that in thought, no doubt that anti-aging skin care treatment is essential.
Below are the top 10 tips to live by for a youthful skin everyone desires:
1. Avoid sun exposure; it’s your skin’s number one enemy! Forget tan lines, as too much sun can burn your skin and may even cause skin cancer. If you really need to be outdoors, then apply sunscreen 20 minutes before exposure, preferably those with sun protection factor (SPF) 15 or higher. Re-apply as needed. Also, always be ready with an umbrella, hat, and sunglasses to very well shield your skin against the sun’s blazing rays.
2. Drink lots and lots of fluids. Keeping your skin regularly hydrated with water and fresh fruit juices will give you a healthier and firmer looking skin. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day also washes out harmful toxins in the body, which can cause premature skin aging.
3. Eat healthy food. Proper nutrition plays an important role in anti-aging skin care treatment. Gobble up more on fresh fruits and vegetables, and fiber rich foods. Avoid desserts, junk foods, and fried foods as much as you can, as these sweets and greasy treats can cause skin breakouts, making your skin look old.
4. Take skin vitamins. Start taking anti-oxidants and supplements that are truly advantageous to skin. Vitamins A, C, and E, beta-carotene and lycopene are great anti-oxidants. They can protect your skin from harsh free radicals that can ultimately damage cells and cause diseases.
5. Move that body. Don’t you just love how your skin glows right after working out? Exercising at least 3x a week will guarantee a healthier and more toned skin. If you find the gym boring or scary, you might as well engage in sports that interests you. Or do some brisk walking in the morning or walk the dog-anything that keeps your blood pumping!
6. Select your skin care products sensibly. Use a firming cream or moisturizer at night and a quality sunscreen during the day. Choose anti-aging products that contain key ingredients, such as collagen, Vitamin A, retinoids, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids (AHAs and BHAs) to have a clearer and more youthful complexion. Exfoliate weekly to remove dead skin cells to reveal a fresh looking skin and further prevent wrinkles.
7. Hit the sack early and sleep like a baby. Depriving yourself of sleep or sleeping late can ruin your skin and make it look old-not to mention it can cause those panda-like dark circles and eye bags. Plus, skin regenerates best while you are sleeping, so get that much needed beauty rest.
8. Kick the stick. Generally, smokers look older than their real age and have more wrinkles than non-smokers. Smoking dehydrates the skin, which leads to skin cracking and breaking. So, quit smoking to not only prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging, but to also add more valuable years to your life.
9. Don’t get crazy with make-up. Wearing too much cosmetics can clog up your pores and cause many skin problems, which can contribute in old-looking skin. Light make-up like blush-on, lip gloss, and sheer foundation should be fine. Don’t forget to remove make-up traces before going to bed. Otherwise, you’ll greet the morning with an impending pimple or blackhead.
10.Smile for an express face-lift, free of charge. Many people forget how beneficial it is to smile-it effortlessly provides an instant blush to your face. Besides, it takes more muscles to frown than to smile.
Take off years and achieve a youthful complexion by following this anti-aging skin care treatment tips. Start today and you’ll surely be impressed with the results-younger looking skin that everyone will talk about.