Blackheads are a recurring skin problem for lots of people.
Out of these, a large portion of people suffer from blackheads on the nose.
In this article, we will try to go through the constitution and the cause of blackheads, read some tips to keep blackheads under leash, and even explore a sure-fire method to get rid of nose blackheads for good.
What are Blackheads and how are they formed?
Blackheads are a special kind of acne. However,they are different from the acne in that they are of a darker complexion.
Blackheads generally appear as tiny black or yellowish bumps in the skin.
The medical term for a blackhead is ‘Open Comedo’. Another condition exists, namely ‘Closed Comedo’, more commonly known as ‘whitehead’.
How are blackheads formed?
Blackheads are formed due to an increased oil production in the skin. Sebaceous glands under the skin produce an oily fluid called ‘sebum’ which act as a natural moisturizer of our bodies. Sometimes due to an increased production, the ducts from these glands can get blocked. The oil that is trapped under that stays and gradually gets oxidized, giving it its dark color.
Why are blackheads commonly found on the nose?
The nose falls under the so-called T-region of the face, which is notorious for its hectic oil production. As blackheads generally spawn on areas with high oil production, they have an increased tendency to form at the nose.
How to prevent Blackheads?
Here are some of the general tips and tricks you can follow to keep blackheads from spawning. After all, the best form of offence is defense, right?
- One major lifestyle change that you can implement, that will bring about a great change is, cut down on the usage of oily foods. This will not only help you combat blackheads, but will improve your whole body’s health in general
- If you are in the habit of wearing too much make-up, start using less of it. Cosmetics have a way of disturbing normal behavior of the skin, and can cause massive blackhead outbreaks if you are not careful.
- Wash your face whenever you get a chance. Carry a blotting paper with you when you go out into the sun, so you can at least blot your face and keep it clean of impurities.
- Avoid beauty products that have high oil content
- Change your sheets and pillowcases more often. A microscopic view of an overused pillowcase may reveal millions of dead cells.
- Include an exfoliant in your beauty care campaign. Exfoliate regularly to keep your face clear of impurities and dead skin cells.
- Whenever you cleanse your skin, get in the habit of finishing off with an astringent. It helps contract the skin and close the skin pores so impurities will not be able to get in through the open pores.
- And most important of all, if you already see the beginnings of an blackhead outbreak, don’t squeeze the blackheads. This is the simplest bit of advice, yet the toughest one people find to keep.
The best method to remove blackheads: 5 Steps
The best solution to a problem is always attained by assessing it logically. So, it makes sense to see blackheads for what they are and pull them out from their very root (literally!).
The following method has seen tremendous success with lots of people. It basically employs 5 steps, in order, that you can perform to get rid of nose blackheads.
Without further ado, here are the steps:
Step 1: Open up the Pores
Most people who complain that blackhead products aren’t working for them are failing because they are not doing it the right way. For a blackhead removing product to work, first you have to give it access to the blackhead itself.
So the first logical step would be to open up the skin pores.
You can do this in two ways:
- Get a washcloth and dip it in warm water. Apply the warm washcloth on your face for 10 minutes
- Alternately, you can just steam your face.
Step 2: Bring out the Blackheads
Now that the pores are all opened up, we now apply a clay mask.
Mix some green clay with rose water and form it into a mask. Apply the mask on your face and sit tight till it dries. Once the mask has dried, wash it off with warm water.
What good does the clay mask do? It exerts a pulling effect on the stuff inside the pores (the blackheads) so that they are brought closer to the skin surface, so that our next step is made easier, which is:
Step 3: Use a Blackhead Extractor
There are several ways you can approach this step. You can use:
- Pore Strips
- Blackhead Extractor Tool
- Blackhead Eliminating Scrub
- Blackhead Cleanser
- Definitely not your bare hands!
Use the method you prefer and pull out the blackheads. The process should now have been extremely simplified thanks to our earlier steps of opening the pores and bringing the blackheads out.
I would definitely recommend using pore strips from Biore, as they are the most effective in pulling out deep-seated blackheads in their entirety. Biore has Nose Strips that are super effective to get rid of nose blackheads.
Blackhead extractors are great too, but they require much more work. Scrubs and cleansers are not as effective but they can be great for removing blackheads in harder to reach areas.
After this step, All of the blackheads will have been pulled out. Cleanse your face thoroughly taking extreme care to wash away all remains. If you used any extractor tools, sanitize them also thoroughly.
Now you are good to go.
Step 4: Seal them up
Aren’t we forgetting something? Yes, we left the pores open. Wouldn’t want them to get all dirty and clogged again would we.
Cleanse your face thoroughly with cold water or apply it using a washcloth dipped in cold water. This will seal the pores shut.
Step 5: Moisturize (Optional)
As an extra measure, apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer and leave your skin soft and hydrated.
These are the 5 steps that you can follow to get rid of nose blackheads for good. Include these in your beauty care campaign and follow it religiously and you should be free from Blackhead attacks.
More on Biore Pore Strips
Biore pore strips are a well known name when it comes to blackhead removal products. The nose strips by Biore has been extremely popular due to their ability to pull out even deep-seated blackheads from the face.
A Biore strip resembles a piece of sticky tape that you can apply on your nose. Leave the pore strip on for some time, and then pull it off your skin in one quick motion. This will pull out most of the blackheads with it. With the specialised Nose strips on offer, this is definitely the easiest way to get rid of nose blackheads.
Blackhead Removal Tools
Blackhead Removal tools are another popular method to pull out blackheads. Though it is a little more time-consuming than simply using a pore strip, it is well suited for the small portion of people who have extremely sensitive skin and cannot use pore strips.
A Blackhead removal / Extractor tool resembles a tweezer, with hooks on both ends. These hooks are what are used to squeeze out the blackheads.
This is akin to squeezing out the blackhead with your fingers, except in this case, it is perfectly safe and doesn’t leave a scar.
Blackhead Extractors can be effectively used to squeeze out pimples too.