Magic may not actually exist, but some skincare formulas come very close to it. In fact, Isomers is a line of skincare products that offers the clinical version of the fabled Fountain of Youth.
Isomers Laboratories, located in Toronto for more than 20 years, uses modern chemistry to help women regain their youthful appearance. While anyone can use Isomers, the products are specifically formulated for those who are age 40 and older – the age at which skin begins to lose its elasticity and develop deep wrinkles.
In 1987, cofounders Manuela Marcheggiani and her formulating chemist husband Darius Majlessi began their search for the next generation of skincare products. Believe it or not, Darius developed the first product – a cream called Latiffe – using the blender from his mother’s kitchen. But that was just the beginning for Isomers. Next up was a body cream that battles cellulite. The success and popularity of the products put Manuela and Darius in business and Isomers on the shelf.
The blender used to produce Latiffe was, of course, replaced with a state-of-the-art dermatological laboratory and testing equipment. Isomers Laboratories does not conduct animal testing of its products – nor does it hire other firms to do it for them. Instead, Isomers works with human volunteers – people for whom their products are designed.
Isomers was able to develop a formula for its products that includes a messenger peptide that stimulates the skin and supports collagen, which increases the skin’s lipidity and reduces the depth of wrinkles. It has formulas for five skin types: acne/oily, aging, dry, normal and sensitive skin.
Here is a look at some of their best-selling products for your face:
Isomers Australian Harvest Try Me Kit
This three-bottle kit is designed to clear up blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads on your skin. It also boosts the healing of your skin and helps prevent new problems from erupting. This three-step process includes:
· a 4.06-ounce bottle of Australian Harvest Cleanser, used daily
· a 1-ounce bottle of Australian Harvest Serum, which contains linseed, flax seed extract, Tea Tree leaf oil and extract of salicylic acid, among other ingredients – also used daily
· a 1-ounce bottle of Australian Harvest Cream, which is used daily to help control outbreaks
Isomers Start-Up Six-piece Kit for Perfect Skin
This six-piece starter kit is a good way to get introduced to Isomers and experience what it can do for your skin. It includes:
· Double Duty Cleanser: Use a quarter-size dollop of this daily cleanser containing lactic acid, willow bark and lavender extract. It exfoliates the dead skin and its low pH formula provides a deep pore cleaning. It is suitable for all skin types and does not require a toner.
· Synchronizer Cell Renewing Complex: Use this formula twice a day to get the full benefit of its biomimetric peeling peptide. It will improve the radiance and smoothness of your skin, even out the pigmentation and activate cell regeneration. Follow this with a moisturizer.
· R Intensive Serum: Used morning and night, this serum will help improve your skin’s elasticity, hydration and limpidity. Targeted for maturing skin, the serum can also help correct premature aging of the skin caused by the sun or environment. Simply apply two to five drops of the serum on your face, neck, back of your hands and décolleté daily.
· Telomers RenovageYouth Precursor Complex: This “youth cream” helps your face battle the effects of stress, which reduces the signs of aging. It will improve the moisture in your skin and create a barrier to damaging particles in the environment. It can also be used to reduce sun spots. This goes on after cleansing and the serum.
· R Pur for Eyes: Use R Pur if you want to lose the bags, dark circles or puffiness around your eyes. Studies show that after 56 days of use, you will notice a significant reduction in the bags under your eyes. Use one to two drops of serum on the skin underneath your eyes and gently tap it into the skin.
· Neck and Chin Firming: Just as it is named, this formula focuses on a firmer and smoother neck and chin area. It is designed to smooth your skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and give you a more radiant complexion. It contains wheat, barley and arnica. When you first start using the product, you should apply it liberally two to three times a day. After that, you can drop down to one or two times a day.
Isomers also produces formulas designed to care for the rest of you – including your body, your eyes and your lips. Isomers chemists recognize that your skin is different in each of these areas and has created different exfoliates, crèmes, moisturizers, serums and firming systems for each.