Our skin is exposed to various elements everyday. Dirt, pollution and the sun’s harmful rays can all take a toll on us, making our skin look dull, lifeless and blemished. Even the very few people blessed with perfect skin can have problems too. If you want to have good skin, you must constantly work hard for it. Regardless of whatever problem you are battling, be it acne, wrinkles, or dull and dry skin, a solid skin care regimen can definitely help bring it back to life. With this, let me share to you a solid skin care routine that can help you achieve clear and glowing skin.
1. Know your skin type. Before you formulate a “battle plan” you must know the playing field first. To be able to effectively care for your skin, you must know your skin type first. This will determine what products you should use and what you should not use. Note that your skin type can change as you age. You may have oily skin five years ago, but don’t be surprised if you have dry skin now.
2. Know what skin problems to address. Some people want to treat acne while some want to treat wrinkles. You have to identify what issues you want to address as this will determine what kind of products you should use. For example, if you’re trying to fight acne then you have to buy anti acne products suitable for your skin type. On the other hand, if you’re battling wrinkles and other signs of aging then you should buy products with anti aging properties.
3. Cleanse, tone and moisturize. This is the core of your skin care plan. It is very important to stick to what works for you. Skipping just one day can cause imbalance and you might end up with nasty zits and problems spots afterwards. Make sure to use products that are designed for your skin type. And don’t forget to exfoliate once a week.
4. Wear sunscreen everyday. It may sound like a cliche, but wearing sunscreen everyday is definitely a must. It protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It prevents premature aging which lessens the skin issues that you need to address.
5. Indulge in facial treatments once a month. Professional facial treatments can help deep clean your skin and dislodge dirt from any clogged pores that you may have. Apart from cleaning your skin, some facial skin treatments also have other benefits such as anti aging.
Source by Mich Ching