This natural toenail fungus treatment information came to me via a professor of mine during our medical procedures course. I am passing it on to you in hopes that people try this first before resorting to the toxic effects of Lamisil.
Please also be aware of claims stating that a product will cure or treat toenail fungus in a few days or a couple weeks. From my clinical experience, that is not possible. It takes a few months for a nail to grow out and even up to 6 full months. Nail fungus resides underneath the nail and a product has to penetrate deeply to get to it and then the nail must grow out before it looks healthy. So – be careful of false claims. There are many.
Acidophilus Beer Soak:
The basic premise behind this odd sounding natural toenail fungus treatment is to soften the nail with the beer, create an acidic environment with vinegar which is beneficial to good bacteria and deadly to fungus and then penetrate the nails with beneficial bacteria to help kill and prevent further recurrences.
- Acidophilus sachets containing 125 billion organisms
- Guinness Stout beer or any other dark beer.
- White Vinegar
- Basin big enough for your feet or hands
- Persistence and Consistency
Natural Toenail Fungus Treatment Procedure:
- In tub, pour 1 liter of room temperature beer into a basin
- Add 60 billion acidophilus which is half of one sachet.
- Add 1 liter of White vinegar
- Soak clean feet in the solution for 30 minutes before bed or when best for you.
- On removing your feet or fingernails from the basin, file the nails down with a pumice stone or file. Do this once per week. Wash your hands well afterwards to avoid contamination of fungus to your fingernails. Also place your feet back into the bin for about a minute or more to rinse off the filings.
- After each 3rd day, toss out the entire solution mixture and remake using the formula: 1 liter of white vinegar, 1 liter of dark beer and the remaining half of one sachet. This keeps the solution’s ingredients in active live form. If too old, it will not work.
- Repeat for 30 days every day. Do not skip a day for best results.
- Do twice a day for faster results
- You may warm the solution by adding boiling water to the mix before using
What to look for: As the fungus gets killed by this natural toenail fungus treatment, you will notice that the new nail growth from the nail base is coming in clear. This is a good sign. Some people see clearing at the base within one week and some people see clearing at the base in one month. It all depends on how fast your nails grow and how often you soak them.
It will take about 3 months for the infected nails to completely grow out. As long as you keep seeing the nail base come in clean and grow out cleanly, you are on the right track.
If your feet get sensitive or sore, do the soak only once per day. Some people have sensitive skin while others do not. Simply put on some great liquid vitamin E or aloe on the sore areas should they occur. This is rare.
Make sure you do this toenail fungus treatment daily. Make it a routine. Watch some TV, read a book or wash the dishes for 30 minutes. Do not skip a day. If you do, it may take a bit longer than a month but keep at it.
If you know your nails grow slowly, then consider purchasing some MSM or Silicea 6x cell salts as they have shown to increase nail growth. If you find yourself having gas after taking MSM or eating garlic or headaches after red wine, then that is typically a sign of molybdenum deficiency. You can get molybdenum at a health food store. Liquid molybdenum is ideal as it absorbs better.
This anti-fungus protocol is an excellent way to help prevent liver damage via Lamisil. Mind you, not all people are affected badly by Lamisil. However, the FDA did put out an advisory for physicians: “Both Sporanox® and Lamisil® have been associated with serious hepatic toxicity, including liver failure and death, including some cases involving patients who had neither pre-existing liver disease nor a serious underlying medical condition. As of April 2001, the FDA is aware of 16 cases of liver failure in association with Lamisil® Tablet use (including 11 deaths and two liver transplantations). These patients received Lamisil® Tablets for the treatment of various dermatologic conditions, including onychomycosis.”
If the formula is not strong enough, play with it. Perhaps add some more acidophilis to the mix or more vinegar – or more beer. Play with the concentrations.
If you’ve any questions, I’m happy to answer them for you.
You may find the Acidophilus Sachets here along with other related useful products for the Beer Soak protocol.
I estimated the total cost of this procedure to be about $200.00 That is very inexpensive compared to Lamisil – and much healthier to your liver.
Even if you drink a couple Guinness Stouts while you do the soak – it may still be safer than Lamisil on your liver. 🙂